Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oscar

One of the things I do quite often is think of names for my children yet to be born. I think Katie has picked out some of the most beautiful names for daughters and I have taken it upon myself to find a name or two for sons. The one below is currently a favorite:

OSCAR

Oscar is a male name used in a few Western European countries. In Irish legends, Oscar was the son of Oisín. This name was Gaelic means "deer lover". In Old English, the name also means "god spear".

I really like it. I even mentioned to Katie that we could name him Adam Oscar and then his initials would be AOK. I don't think she likes it much.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oscar---no way. I'd rather name him "AOK".....love you sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

You're kidding, right!?!
STB

Anonymous said...

Hey--when will you start blogging again???????
KK