Friday, January 19, 2007

Sister Russell

I got some unfortunate news today. One of the few sisters I served with in Brazil passed away a couple of days ago from brain cancer. Mindy Russell was a great missionary. I was her district leader in Bauru for about two months and she and Sister da Silva always did a great job. I don't remember the last time we spoke. I think it was at one of the mission reunions we attended when Katie and I lived in Provo.

Frankly, I was shocked to hear of her passing. Seeing the picture of her with her children was emotional. My second mission president, President Hollist, passed away shortly after returning home from his service. I didn't get to know him too well, but, again, when I heard of his passing, I was deeply saddened.

I hope Sister Russell's husband and children are doing well at this time. I would like them to know that I, and others, are praying for them during this difficult time.

No comments: