Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jam Session

We had a jam session today. Actually, the Colonel grabbed the Captain's guitar and started playing. I was chatting with Katie at the time and told her what was going on. She responded with a song request. When I mentioned that to the Colonel he asked what kind of music she liked. I didn't really know what to say so I asked Katie through the chat. She responded with Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl.

I told the Colonel and he immediately started playing the notes of the song on the guitar. Soon he was singing the words, and loud. I was impressed because he was good. I told Katie to call us so she could listen to the private concert. She didn't call in until after the song was over and he was about to start Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet.

The funny thing was that Katie, I believe, thought the Colonel playing was one she knew. He wasn't. I barely met him less than two months ago and Katie has yet to meet him. I don't believe I have even talked to her about him much. That said, the song was good and it was a fun escape from the monotony of the daily grind. The Colonel finished with two from The Beatles, Help Me and Get Back. Next time it is going to be a joint jam session with the Colonel and the Captain. That should be fun.

No comments: