Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Reading

I have read three fiction novels in the past 3 weeks. I didn't think I was going to read any more fiction. I used to read a ton as a kid and then less as an older kid. I got married and found out I really enjoy watching television. The internet is not bad too. If I have read anything lately, it always seemed to be non-fiction.

I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep. I was changing the channels on the television and stopped at The View. Rosie and the cute one (Elizabeth, i think) were yelling at each other. I put down the remote and was mezmerized for a few minutes watching this fight. It was unreal. When it was over, i thought to myself, "I just wasted about 15 minutes of my life." I don't think I can afford to do that again.

So I looked at my desk and saw that I had four books, all fiction. I picked up one and read it in three days. The second one took a bit longer and the third one I finished in six days. Good thing I was into this reading binge or I would have probably been watching the police car take Paris back to the courthouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paris is not on our news - we lost an 11 year old from his tent in AF Canyon to a big old black bear. Such a sad deal. Just to think you all go camping in the same spot - I think Baby brother was just up there last weekend. Loved your shake story - hang tuff and know we love you! M&M