Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Making of a Good Weekend

BYU has won their second consecutive conference game and did it on the road, in spite of some ugly mistakes. I didn't watch the game, but was able to follow it through the updates on the net.
 
The Padres have a chance to wrap up the wild card with a win on Sunday. If they can get over that hurdle I like their chances over the Phillies or the Mets, even though one of them is going to be the NL East Champions.
 
Finally, the Chargers have an excellent chance to redeem themselves and show their fans they remember how to win with a game at Qualcomm against Kansas City. And the new executive officer is a Chiefs fan. After talking trash in email to my mother-in-law's co-worker about how the Chargers were going to dominate the Packers, I am looking forward a game in San Diego. It would be embarrassing if the Chargers don't back up my trash talking two weeks in a row.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

We didn't get to see the BYU game either, but KSL.com streams their radio coverage live. It was fun to listen to, though you're right - a lot of little errors. It was depressing to listen to them give up their 15 point margin during the second half. Still, go Cougars!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to think about the chargers anymore. Jose still has hope, he thinks they will go into their bye week 3 and 3? Who knows? I'm missing Marti right now. We will be cheering for the padres tonight! -Kas

Cameron and Michelle said...

Welcome home Adam! I know it's a little late. I emailed Katie did she get it? I would love to hear from her. ARe you back at work in DC?